Welcome to Third Grade
October 20, 2017
We had another marvelous week in third grade. Today we attended the student council assembly. Students are also practicing for the upcoming play on Wednesday.
Next Week at a glance:
Reading: Next week we will be preforming the final story in the friendship unit “The Legend of Damon and Pythias”. The students will be performing this play for the kindergarten, first, and second grade classes next week. The play will be on Wednesday, October 25th, at 1:45 and 2:20 in the old cafeteria, parents are welcome to attend, please stand toward the back. Students will be divided up into two groups, please ask your child what group they are in.
Math: Students have been working on a new chapter, multiplication. We have learned about arrays, repeated addition, factors, products, number lines, and skip counting. Please work on basic math skills daily, this includes multiplication.
Religion: Students are learning about the Holy Trinity and Saints. Each child will be writing about how they are saints in the making.
- Rosary lead by 6th grade on October 27th, 9AM
- Picture retake day is October 30th
- Black and orange day on October 31st
- All Saints Day Mass on November 1st
- Please check homework daily, if you have questions about homework write it on the weekly homework chart- it is looked at daily
- Please have your child dress for the weather
- Please send a note with your child if he or she is taking a different route home so I can post it in the classroom